Forums
Search
New link from Chatham Co. BBQ Team..video on Low Country Boil. Enjoy.
http://www.bbqsuccess.com/what...country-shrimp-boil/

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Latest and greatest from Ga. FMB recipe section.
A bowl me over don't ya know. Razzer

Basic Pimento Cheese

8 ounces block of extra sharp Cheddar cheese, freshly grated

1/2 cup mayonnaise

4 ounce jar diced pimento, drained

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more if desired

Dash of Worcestershire sauce

Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for several hours.

Makes 1 1/2 cups

Serve with crackers, sandwiches or on burgers.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Ga. Apple Festival is the next two weekends in Ellijay,Ga. That being, the FCMB got an early start by posting the first of apple pie recipes for this year below..I suppose. The apple pie contest is being held Oct. 13th. Perhaps a couple of bang up apple pie 'ps will be forthcoming.

Basic Apple Pie
Pastry for two crusts

5 sour cooking apples (we used Granny Smith)

1/3 to ½ cup sugar

2 tablespoons corn starch

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon lemon juice

6 tablespoons butter

Line a deep dish pie plate with one of the crusts. Wash, peel and slice the apples. Place apple slices in layers in the crust. Combine sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt, sprinkle over apples. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Cut butter in small pieces and evenly place over apples. Top with remaining crust, make slits in the top of the crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes or until apples are soft and crust is brown.

This simple pie is delicious.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Found this link in the Ga. FMB for peach recipes. Looks to have some nice and interesting p's.
www.gapeaches.org

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Recipe from this weeks Ga. FMB. I haven't done yet but it looks interesting..different from what I've done before.

Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes

4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed

1/4 cup olive oil

2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes

1 teaspoon salt

Coat a shallow baking pan with olive oil, stir in remaining ingredients until the potatoes are well coated. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until potatoes are soft. Stir half way through cooking to make sure the potatoes are coated evenly.

Serves 4

This is a quick way to prepare sweet potatoes.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Two new p's from the Chatham County Artillery BBQ team. Both are very good..a bbq staple for me.

BBQ Hash:
• About 2 lb smoked pulled pork
• About 2 lb smoked brisket
(Note: You can also use smoked chicken or even turkey. What I did with this recipe was use pork and beef and then I used chicken broth for the chicken flavor. Maybe you might want to use pork and chicken and beef broth for flavor. Or use all 3 or 4 meats together with whatever broth you like. Use whatever you got. As a general rule, fill the crock pot up about half way with meat and then just cover with an equal amount of broth.)
• You can chop your meat up finely or run it through a meat grinder.
• 1 large onion chopped fine
• 4 medium baking potatoes diced
• 1 14-16 oz can of diced tomatoes
• 64 oz of chicken broth
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 2 tsp salt to taste (optional - there's salt in the chicken broth)
• 2 tsp minced garlic
Combine all ingredients except the spices and cook on high, covered for 10 hours. Stir every 2-3 hours. For the last two hours of the 12 hour cook, add the spices, stir, and remove the lid to let it thicken up. When finished, use one of those "boat motor" handheld blenders to grind everything up into a thick sauce that will sit on top of rice.

Grilled Potato Bombs

Directions
1. Using an apple corer, remove the center meat of the potatos. Save the cores.
2. Stuff the potatoes with your favorite deli meats, cheeses or anything you desire.
3. Now plug 'em with the potato plugs.
4. Wrap with bacon and then foil.
5. Bake indirect for an hour, or until done.

Yeah buddy!

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Interesting recipe in this week Ga. FMB. Never heard or read anything about this one. As yet have not tried.
Apple Cheese Casserole

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup butter

7 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine flour, sugar, and salt, cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal. Set aside. Toss apples with water and lemon juice, spoon into a greased 8” casserole. Sprinkle with flour mixture.

Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serves 6

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Three recipes from holiday edition to Ga. FMB.
Looking interesting..for me the apple sausage dressing.

Apple - Sausage Dressing

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

1 cup chopped onions

½ cup chopped celery

1 pound hot or mild pork sausage

1 egg, beaten

2 cups chicken flavored stuffing mix

1 medium sized apple cored, unpeeled and chopped

1 cup chicken broth

Salt and pepper to taste

Water if needed

Melt butter in a skillet, sauté onions and celery until soft. Remove from skillet and place in a large mixing bowl. Add sausage to skillet, brown, crumble and drain. Add to mixing bowl with sautéed vegetables. Add egg, stuffing mix, apple, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. The mixture should be moist; if needed, add a little bit of water to the mixture. Place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.

Makes 6 servings

Cranberry Salad

1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries

½ cup water

1 ½ cups sugar

1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple

1 cup mayonnaise

1 cup Georgia pecans, chopped

2 (3-ounce) packages cherry jello

3 cups boiling water

Combine cranberries, water and sugar in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until berries pop. Remove from heat, mash well. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour mixture into a 9-x13-inch pan or 4 quart mold. Refrigerate until set.

Mary Barnette

Cartersville, Ga.

Testing note: To lighten the salad, omit the mayonnaise. Grated rind of one orange could be added to compliment the cranberry flavor. The salad does not set up to be extremely firm due to the high sugar content. If a firmer salad is desired, dissolve one envelope (Knox) gelatin in ¼ cup cold water and add to the mixture.

Cheddar Squash Bake

2 pounds yellow squash (about 6 medium squash), sliced

½ teaspoon salt

1 cup sour cream

2 egg yolks, beaten

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 egg whites, stiffly beaten

1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese

4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs

1 tablespoon butter, melted

chopped parsley, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook sliced squash in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Sprinkle with salt. Reserve a few slices for garnish. Set aside.

Combine sour cream, flour and egg yolks in large bowl. Gently fold in beaten egg whites.

Place half the squash slices in the bottom of a buttered 12x7x2-inch baking dish. Top with half the egg mixture, sprinkle with half the cheese and half the bacon. Repeat layers. Combine breadcrumbs and butter. Sprinkle over top of casserole.

Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with reserved squash slices, and chopped parsley, if desired. Yield: 8 servings.

Rosie Higgins

Lawrenceville, Ga.

That be it! Enjoy Wink

Site Map | Printable View | Copyright © 2011

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Recipe from Chatham Co. Artillery BBQ team for left over turkey,a hash instead of sandwiches.

BBQ Hash:

About 2 lb smoked pulled pork
About 2 lb smoked brisket
(Note: You can also use smoked chicken or even turkey. What I did with this recipe was use pork and beef and then I used chicken broth for the chicken flavor. Maybe you might want to use pork and chicken and beef broth for flavor. Or use all 3 or 4 meats together with whatever broth you like. Use whatever you got. As a general rule, fill the crock pot up about half way with meat and then just cover with an equal amount of broth.)
You can chop your meat up finely or run it through a meat grinder.
1 large onion chopped fine
4 medium baking potatoes diced
1 14-16 oz can of diced tomatoes
64 oz of chicken broth
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt to taste (optional - there's salt in the chicken broth)
2 tsp minced garlic
Combine all ingredients except the spices and cook on high, covered for 10 hours. Stir every 2-3 hours. For the last two hours of the 12 hour cook, add the spices, stir, and remove the lid to let it thicken up. When finished, use one of those "boat motor" handheld blenders to grind everything up into a thick sauce that will sit on top of rice. You now have Sconyer's style BBQ hash!

Have a great Thanksgiving All!

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
A recipe from deep south Ga.,Brunswick. Found it to pretty good.

Green Bean Casserole

1 (11-ounce) can shoe peg corn, drained

1 (16-ounce) can green beans, drained

Not exotic but goood.

1 (10 ¾-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup

1 tablespoon onion flakes

1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream

1 cup grated Cheddar cheese

1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed

1 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine corn, green beans, soup, onion flakes, sour cream and cheese in 2-quart baking dish. Mix crushed crackers with melted butter and sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.

Doris Cain

Brunswick, GA

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Found this little jewel on the web a year or so ago and have since tried with various flours, rye flour,buckwheat flour,whole wheat and added other ingredients such as various cheeses,sausages,bacon,dried kale,chard,shallots,garlic,chives to name a few.
Thought I would post the site for folks to check if they enjoy buttermilk biscuits. Really,REALLY good 'cuits.

The Fine Art of Making Buttermilk Biscuits
spinningsugar.wordpress.com/.../the-fine-art-of-making-buttermilk-b...

Enjoy!

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
From the Ga.FMB today. A newbie for me..chip beef-pecan dip..do what...
Dried Chipped Beef Pecan Dip

Dried Chipped Beef Pecan Dip

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

2 tablespoons milk

1 (2 ounce) jar dried chipped beef

¼ cup finely chopped green pepper

2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

1 teaspoon black pepper

½ cup sour cream

½ cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients except pecans and place in a pie dish. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot with crackers.
Whoa!

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
I wonder if I can find humanely raised chipped beef....

They say happiness is a thing you can't touch, a thing you can't see;

I disagree  - Scrooge -

North Carolina - Zone 7a

Like (0 likes)
Now that is going to be a real sho' nuff tuffy..unless you know a cattle farmer/rancher that raises range free,grassfed,GMO free corn fed cattle and sells thin sliced dried meat from the farm. I would say the chances of that is like a snow ball going through Hadeas. i have googled and so far nada.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
do the right thing....eat what I want....do the right thing....eat what I want. I have had to make an exception for Spam, I might need to make an exception for chipped beef

I disagree  - Scrooge -

North Carolina - Zone 7a

Like (0 likes)
I have not yet tried this recipe so cannot say it would be worth convincing yourself to indulge...bend the eat what I want,nor have I found any other outlet than current supplers. I am going to try Christmas Eve as I intend to take this with me to my childrens evening dinner. For sure a new "p" for me and the 1st time I ever heard of using chipped beef in dip. Let ya know if it is a goody! Wink

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Hope all had a Merry Christmas and looking forward to a great New Year!!

Did the Dried Chip Beef dip and found it to be quite nice and not as salty as expected. Worth bending your diet once in a while.

This weeks 'p' from the FMB..in time for the New Year.

Enjoy....Little Johnny grade 4.LOL

Pecan Cheese Tarts

16 ounces sharp Cheddar Cheese, finely shredded

1 cup chopped pecans

¾ cup mayonnaise

½ teaspoon hot sauce

1 garlic clove, minced

1/8 cup grated onion

Wonton wrappers*

Strawberry Preserves

Combine first 6 ingredients and refrigerate until ready to place in wonton wrappers.

Place wonton wrappers in lightly greased miniature muffin tins (we made 48 but the recipe will make more if desired); brown for 4 to 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove and set aside.

Place approximately 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture in each wonton cup, top with a small dollop of strawberry preserves. Remove from muffin tins and serve.

Shape any remaining cheese mixture into a ball and serve with crackers.

Makes 48 or more appetizer tarts.

*Wonton wrappers can be found in the refrigerated section on the health food aisle either the round or square will work.
Pecan Cheese Tarts

Pecan Cheese Tarts

1 cup chopped pecans

¾ cup mayonnaise

½ teaspoon hot sauce

1 garlic clove, minced

1/8 cup grated onion

Wonton wrappers*

Strawberry Preserves

Combine first 6 ingredients and refrigerate until ready to place in wonton wrappers.

Place wonton wrappers in lightly greased miniature muffin tins (we made 48 but the recipe will make more if desired); brown for 4 to 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove and set aside.

Place approximately 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture in each wonton cup, top with a small dollop of strawberry preserves. Remove from muffin tins and serve.

*Wonton wrappers can be found in the refrigerated section on the health food aisle either the round or square will work.
Pecan Cheese Tarts

Pecan Cheese Tarts

1 cup chopped pecans

¾ cup mayonnaise

½ teaspoon hot sauce

1 garlic clove, minced

1/8 cup grated onion

Wonton wrappers*

Strawberry Preserves

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
That be interesting..posted 'p' twice.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
johng...I saw a similar recipe for broccoli-cauliflower salad in Georgia Magazine (distributed by North Georgia Electric Corporation) years ago that called for diced apples, raisins, and optional walnuts as well. That's the only way we make it anymore. De-lish!

Northwest Georgia, Zone 7b

Like (0 likes)
Sounds good. How 'bout posting the 'p' and I'll give it a whirl..I'm game.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Latest and greatest from Ga. FMB.
No name or area posted with this one.

Blacked-Eyed Pea Salsa

2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained

1 (15 ounce) can white shoe peg corn, drained

1 cup chopped red bell pepper

1/2 cup chopped parsley

¼ cup chopped onion

1 (10) ounce can spicy canned tomatoes, drained

1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained

1 teaspoon chopped garlic

Salt and pepper to taste

¾ to 1 cup good Italian Dressing

Corn Chips

Combine all ingredients except corn chips in a large bowl. Refrigerate for several hours, serve with corn chips.

Makes 20 servings

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Latest recipe from the Ga. FMB. Nothing exciting and haven't tried. I prefer fresh tomatoes but this makes a quickie. Area of Ga. not posted.

Cream of Tomato Soup

2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes

½ cup chopped onion

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon celery salt

½ teaspoon pepper

1 tablespoon butter

1 tablespoon flour

½ teaspoon salt

1 cup milk

Combine tomatoes, onion and next 3 seasonings in a heavy saucepan. Bring quickly to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes, strain.

Melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and salt, mix well to make a smooth paste. Add milk slowly and stir constantly to prevent the mixture from becoming lumpy. Continue stirring until well blended. Just before serving slowly add hot strained tomatoes to hot white sauce, stirring constantly. Make sure both mixtures are hot when combining. Do not reheat.

Makes 6 servings

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Blow me down don't ya know! An exciting "p" from the Ga. FMB this week. Wink No name or location accompanied. Have not indulged as yet.

Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole

8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles

1 ½ cups chopped celery

1 small onion chopped

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper

½ teaspoon thyme

3 tablespoons butter

2 cups chopped cooked chicken

2 cups milk

2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided

½ cup chicken broth

Cook noodles according to package directions. Sautee vegetables and spices in butter until soft. Combine remaining ingredients except ½ cup cheese in a 9 x 13 casserole dish, top with ½ cup cheese.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.

Note: you may use more spices if desired.

Enjoy!?

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Wow! lots of recipes here. I will try this out. Excited much Smiler

Like (0 likes)
Recipe from this weeks Ga. FMB is a quiche

Crustless Georgia Grown Quiche

This is a very basic Quiche recipe that can be changed to suit your taste or available leftovers.

3 eggs

1 cup milk

1 cup filling (see variations below)

1 cup grated cheese

1 teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic

In a prepared 9 inch pie deep dish plate sprinkle half the cheese, top with other filling ingredients. Beat eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour over filling and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until firm.

You can use the cheese of your choice; this particular Quiche was tested with Sharp Cheddar, but Swiss and Mozzarella work well too.

If you have a small amount of leftover meat and vegetables this is a good way to use them up, as long as it equals 1 cup.

Variations:

Chicken, onion and Cheddar

Ham, broccoli and Swiss

Sausage, pepperoni and Mozzarella

Might be another from their kitchen as no name or area associated with the 'p'.

Ground beef, onion, pepper and Cheddar

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
March 6,2013 recipe from the Ga. FMB. A bit different from the standard. Haven't tried as yet. May give to my pastry chef friend and let him add his magic touch. Yeah buddy! Not a fan big of box cake and his are dynamite!!

Quick and Easy Carrot Cake

8.5 box yellow cake mix

8 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained

1 cup shredded carrot

1/3 cup mayonnaise

½ cup chopped Georgia pecans

2 eggs, beaten

½ teaspoon cinnamon

8 ounce container whipped cream cheese

¼ cup powdered sugar

½ cup chopped Georgia pecans

Shredded carrots and pecans for garnish, optional

Combine first 7 ingredients in a large and stir unit well blended. Pour into a greased 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.

To prepare frosting, combine remaining ingredients and beat on low until smooth. Spread on cooled cake, top with shredded carrot and pecans if desired.

Makes one 9 inch cake

Enjoy!

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
A recipe from Decatur, Ga. It's a try me if ya please! Wink

Greek Style Pasta Sala

12 ounce box tri-color spiral or penne pasta

1 pint grape tomatoes, halved

6 ounce can sliced black olives

1 cup diced bell pepper

1 cup diced cucumber

4 ounce container feta cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

16 ounce bottle Italian salad dressing

Cook pasta as directed, run cold water over to cool. Place vegetables in a large bowl. Add pasta and remaining ingredients. Mix well.

Laura Holcombe

Decatur, GA

Laura’s note: You can add any vegetables you like and any cheese. This salad is better the next day.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
john - you are starting to become my "go to" recipe man!! I saw this, and made it up yesterday to take with me today on a fiber retreat weekend with friends! It's delicious!!

I disagree  - Scrooge -

North Carolina - Zone 7a

Like (0 likes)
One of the nice things about the Ga. Market bulletin. Recipes provided/submitted by people from around the state twice a month and usually from some local contest or bulletin solicitation.I've long since thrown out the commercial cook books and now surf the web for various state Farmers Bulletins which have recipe sections/cooking sections. I think Ga. Karen and Organic Baby hit it right by saying regional influences play a large part and thus the draw. Fine cooks everywhere!!

You prodded me to move quicker to the taste! Enjoy your retreat!

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
A nice chowder. I altered a bit as I'm not fond of ground beef in soups...a me thing. Instead of using ground beef I chopped a small chuck roast pretty fine and used for the meat.

Beef and Cabbage Chowder

1 pound lean ground beef

1 cup chopped onion

¼ cup chopped green pepper

½-1 cup sliced carrot

7 cups coarsely shredded cabbage

1 cup water

3 tablespoons all purpose flour

3 cups milk

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

In a Dutch oven brown beef, onion, pepper and carrot. Stir in cabbage and water, cover and cook on low for 10 minutes or until cabbage is cooked to desired texture. Dissolve flour in milk; slowly add to cabbage mixture. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper; bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Serves 8

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
This week from the Ga. FMB kitchen. Nice trifle.

Strawberry Trifle

Devil’s Food cake mix

3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding

1 pound Georgia strawberries, washed and sliced

2 cups whipped cream*

Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9 by 13 inch pan, cool and cut into 1 inch cubes *

Prepare pudding according to package directions.

In a large bowl layer cake, pudding, strawberries and whipped cream. Cover and chill before serving.

Serves 10-12

Note:

*We used homemade whipped cream but store bought will work as well.

*You will only need about three-fourths of the cake, save the rest for another dessert or snack.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
This looks easy enough even for a non-baker like me - lol!!

However, since I'm probably one of only a handful of people who don't like strawberries & chocolate (like them both on their own, just not together), think I'll try this with white or yellow cake mix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My body is a temple - unfortunately, it's a fixer-upper."

"And no, I'm NOT being snarky."

Zone 7a, Culpeper, Virginia

Like (0 likes)
Should be good no matter how you do it..experimenting with variations is the best part. Go crazy and toss in some nuts.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
From this weeks Ga. FMB. No name or area listed so I assume from Ag. Dept. kitchen.

Fresh Strawberry Cobbler

4 cups sliced fresh Georgia strawberries

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 cup flour

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 egg, beaten

6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine

1 tablespoon brown sugar

Place strawberries in bottom of an 8x8 inch baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and egg with a fork. This mixture will be dry and crumbly.

Crumble mixture over strawberries and pour butter over top, sprinkle with brown sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

Delicious with ice cream

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
This is an interesting recipe I ran across from the Ga. Egg Commission recipe contest 2011. The winner is....
CHEESY LOW COUNTRY BAKE
(Serves 8-10)
Beth Boyd
Ludowici, GA
1ST place
6 large new potatoes, cooked, thinly sliced
½ stick butter, melted
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
1 tablespoon cooking oil
¼ cup bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
1 ½ cups smoke sausage, chopped
1 ½ cups shrimp, chopped, plus 6 - 8 whole shrimp, tails on
1 capful crab boil
8 eggs
¾ cup milk
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 (8 oz.) can kernel corn, well drained
1 (8.5 oz.) box corn muffin mix
1 ½ cups grated pepper jack cheese
Cocktail sauce and whole shrimp; parsley
The new potatoes can be cooked ahead, then sliced when ready to prepare
recipe. Place sliced new potatoes in 10 x 15-inch baking dish, pour melted
butter evenly over potatoes, sprinkle on salt, pepper and garlic powder, to
taste. Set aside. Heat oil in skillet, add bell pepper, onion and sausage, stir and
cook for about 5 minutes. Add chopped shrimp and whole shrimp, stir until
shrimp are pink. Sprinkle in crab boil and stir well to coat ingredients. Do not
overcook. Remove whole shrimp, save for garnish. Drain and set aside. Beat
eggs and milk well. Stir in the Parmesan, cheddar cheese and corn. Next, stir
in the corn muffin mix. Stir the sausage and shrimp mixture into the egg
mixture. Pour this evenly over the buttered new potatoes. Sprinkle the pepper
jack cheese evenly over the top. Bake at 400°F. about 25 minutes, until center
is done. Serve with hot buttered grits. Garnish with cocktail sauce, shrimp and
parsley.

a for sure try me!

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
This sounds great - thanks!

One question - the "capful of crab boil". Sort of makes it sound like a liquid. The only "crab boil" I've seen for sale around here is a dry spice mix. How much do you think would equal a "capful"?

Like (0 likes)
The liquid boil is pretty potent so going to be hard to adjust. You might take a bag of dry mix and boil in qt. of water and use a capful of the finished liquid to start/taste test. If spicy enough go for it..if not add more to fit taste. Save the remaining liquid in pt. jar in fridge.
You can look for brands like Ragin' Cajun liquid boil, Zatarain's liquid or Lousiana Style Boil.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Thanks. No liquid boils in the markets around here, but plenty of the dry. I wonder if I could just sub in a tablespoon or so of Old Bay?

Like (0 likes)
Yeah I'd try that...probably a tablespoon. Definitely be a good start.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Ga. FMB celebrating spring with Eggs. Latest from their kitchen.

DELECTABLE SPRING MUFFINS
"Leaping into String with Eggs"

(Makes 9 muffins)

1 cup grits, prepared (should be thick consistency)

1 tablespoon butter

1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream

1 cup prosciutto ham, sauteed, cut into bite-size pieces

1 cup cream of Havarti cheese, shredded

4 eggs, beaten

1 teaspoon basil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine grits, butter, whipping cream and mix well. Add ham, Havarti cheese, eggs, and basil, mix well. Spoon mixture into silicone or non-stick muffin tin. Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Serve with your favorite cream sauce and fresh fruit.

May is Egg Month in Georgia, and this recipe is one of two created for the observance by the Georgia Egg Commission’s Executive Director Jewell Hutto. “Leap Into Spring With Eggs”, a free collection of easy-to-prepare recipes, can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: May Is Egg Month; c/o Georgia Egg Commission, P. O. Box 2929, Suwanee, GA 30024.
You can go onlie to the Ga. Egg Commission and get a list of eggs recipes. Navigate the site and go crazy!

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image