Forums
Search

losing a friend

My friend Jill has been told she has about 5-6 months of life left. She lost her right lung to cancer over a year ago. She never smoked in her life. Now she has cancer in her remaining lung. She's going on a cruise in Feb with her family and is just hoping she can stay ok for that time. her bravery is awesome, there's no self pity, just regret that she won't see and do so many things that she's planned. I will do whatever it takes to make her last months good. We're not old friends but good friends. I met her at the Y where she and I go for aquafit a few times a week. She can't go any more. I'm sad for her but we're going out to dinner tonight and she's hoping to get just one more summer. She doesn't want prayers, not a believer. I would appiciate some healing vibes to maybe give her the summer she wants .
Mavis

[hr]I've discovered that duct tape is like the FORCE, it has a light side a dark side and it holds the universe together.
I'm so sorry to hear she is sick. I'm sending my best vibes her way Cool

I lost my brother when I was 10, a friend while still in high school, and my dad a little over a year or so ago.

While at my friends house that passed, everyone was happy, smiling, having fun. I realized that:

It is better to celebrate their life, than mourn their death.

So go make some memories with your friend. Remember, no one is really dead as long as we remember their names.

[hr]Formerly known as determined 2b healthy. We must replace that which we took, and we must realize that the earth was here before us, and will be here after us. It is up to us to take care of her, for she gives life, and can also take it.
Like (0 likes)
I am so sorry to hear about your friend, it is so not fair. I hope that she will be able to enjoy what time she has left and that she will not suffer. I will keep good thoughts for you and your friend. Hope you had a nice dinner tonight.

Karen

Karen

Like (0 likes)
Sending a thousand miracles of healing Jill's way, for that beautiful summer she desires. It is so little to ask for. And she deserves to have it.

Bless you, Mavis, for the love you are giving her during this time. She is fortunate to have your friendship.

Zone 5/6  Northern New Mexico

Like (0 likes)
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. The day after Christmas my Aunt Joyce died. Like your friend my Aunt believed that life was for living. She had pancreatic cancer and lived a little more than a year after diagnosis. In that time she came back south twice so that everybody could see her, she took her immediate family her children and grandchildren skiing and to Hawaii, she gave her prize roses away to relatives because she knew her husband wouldn't be able to stay in the house that she designed and it's memories. Never complained, just lived her life. It sounds like she and your friend will get along fine.

mississippi gulf coast zone 8
Like (0 likes)
Waves of thoughts for your friend. Doing things if she is able, being spontaneous will take your minds off the her trials and give you memories to hold close when you need them.

Have a great gardening day! hoe, hoe, hoe Pea

Upstate NY, zone 5

Like (0 likes)
We met at the Y and she continues to come there, doing 2 miles on the bike and one mile on the treadmill, the pool area is too humid for her, she is an inspiration.She got her catteracts done on her eyes because she wants to see all the tropical fish when she goes on her family cruise. I feel lucky to have met her and I hope she stay's around for a long time. In the meantime we will go places and do things and have some fun. Thank you all for your vibes and good wishes.
Mavis

[hr]I've discovered that duct tape is like the FORCE, it has a light side a dark side and it holds the universe together.
Like (0 likes)
Sending blessings to your friend Mavis. I know the heartbreak. I lost a best friend on Christmas Day and since then have lost a cousin and another good friend to cancer. Enjoy whatever time you have left with her.

Like (0 likes)
thank you, she continues to feel well,even after some chemo.
mavis

Like (0 likes)
Jill is lucky to have you as a friend..enjoy your day. Some times we need a reminder to slow it down and and appreciate the good stuff. Healing thoughts your way.

Like (0 likes)
I will keep her, her family and you in my prayers.

Coastal Southern CA, USDA 10, Sunset 22

"Nothing is as optimistic as a seed catalog." Charles Mann

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image