Forums
Search

Lumpy Cream of Wheat

Today as I was making some cream of wheat for breakfast, I read the box. It actually gives specific instructions to make it lumpy.

Did you know that Cream of Wheat is made with processed flour? It's just like eating white bread. For whole grain wheat cereal try Ralston or Wheateena.

Like (0 likes)
I didn't know that. The box says good for a healthy heart. I guess that is because the product itself has 0 fat & 0 cholesterol. On the lable it says Enriched Farina. DD says it should say wall paper paste but I do like it. I will try the Ralston or Wheateena.

Like (0 likes)
Labeling wheat products is odd. If it says "wheat" then you know it's processed white flour. The label has to say "whole wheat" for it to be that.

When I teach the nutrition class to parents they are initially confused by that. They say they eat "wheat" but soon learn that just means white.

Like (0 likes)
Lumps are great!

Like (0 likes)
WandaK,
Your subject line made me giggle! Razzer

jenniferch is right!...do you like oatmeal?
Is that a better choice jennifer?
I'd much rather avoid the whole *shabang*, but fiber is a "good thing." :x

Like (0 likes)
I love oatmeal. I just had some cream of wheat on hand & decided on that for a change. Actually I love both. Does the wheateena taste much like cream of wheat?

Like (0 likes)
I won't eat it if there are no lumps!

[hr][COLOR:GREEN] Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~ Hans Christian Anderson[/COLOR]
Like (0 likes)
No. Wheateena has a much different taste than Cream of Wheat as well as a much more chewy consistancy. It has a stronger, "wheatier" (for lack of a better term) (doesn't taste like chicken Wink ) flavor. It's good! Funny this topic came up...I've been trying to find Wheateena in my local grocery stores for the past several shopping trips but they don't have it on the shelves so far. Frowner

Like (0 likes)
IMHO we tend to eat lots of wheat in the form of bread, etc, and not a lot of oats. And oats are supposed to help with cholesterol and so forth. So I eat oatmeal instead of wheat cereal.

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image