Forums
Search

Fukushima...

I don't mean to sound paranoid, but I am a bit concerned about contamination from the Fukushima disaster affecting produce and seeds from the North American West Coast. In the past, I have ordered a majority of my seeds from producers there, but now I'm wary. Anybody have some good, objective info on this matter?

Northwest Georgia, Zone 7b

I don't have a scientific basis for this, jmo.
I am certain that some drift will eventually hit the us mainland. IDK how you can slow that down, if at all. While I would not purchase goods from the actual devistation site, seed on the west coast should be fine.
My concerns are more of a local kind. Are they gmos, have they been treated, those kinds of questions.

Like (0 likes)
I don't have any scienctific knowledge either, but the plant is still putting off radio active materials. My main concern would be what is harvested from the sea. I know I've read a couple of articles that some seafoods are contamined. Not sure how far out that extends but I sure wouldn't buy any fish or other seafoods from Japan!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence."  David Ben-Gurion

S.W. Ga., zone 8b but acts more like zone 9

Like (0 likes)
This link will give you links to various articles and updates on the situation. (And it's not good.)

Fukushima updates

http://tendingmygarden.com

zone 7b - Virginia in the Chesapeake Bay area

Like (0 likes)
Hola Wheel,

There was this exchange on the Organic Gardening Forum that started a few weeks after the earthquake/ tsunami.

http://forums.organicgardening...1078301&m=3821009717

LtT

I am grateful that the innate ability for Cosmos to function does not depend on human understanding or acceptance.
Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image