Forums
Search

Hamster bedding in compost

Hello again everyone! Big Grin
This may sound like a foolish question but since I am a bit new still I need just one more question answered...this time Wink
My daughter is getting a new hamster this week and I was wondering if I can use the old,ie..."used" cedar shaving bedding (yes, along with his "droppings and urine) in my compost bin.
Sounds "icky" I know but then cow or horse manure or even bat guano doesn't sound real good either but they work! Any ideas on the hamster stuff? Smiler
I did ALOT of searching on the web concerning compost and tea and I think I may have a handle on what will work and what won't although no one ever mentioned hamsters in the 40 billion sites I visited Smiler
I sure hope someone can give me some advice! Thanks very much in advance! Smiler

go ahead and use it. i, excuse me, my daughter has mice and guinea pigs and i use their bedding material in my compost pile. these types of animals' manure is not considered hot and can be used directly into the garden. just spread it around a little so that it does not clump and enjoy the benefits of this so what free fertilizer. peace be with you and may your garden grow.

Like (0 likes)
Thanks so much Rhic! I kind of thought it would be ok but since I am having some trouble with my garden I just had to get some advice from more experienced folks! Big Grin
I really appreciate the time you took Smiler

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image