Forums
Search

avocado tree has brown spots on leaves

About two years ago my husband planted an avocado seed in a spare pot that we have and it has grown to a reasonable size now. Problem is that it has recently devloped brown spots all over the leaves. Since we live in zone7 we bring it in during the really cold parts of winter and just set it back outside in a very sunny location about 3 weeks ago. I read on the avocado growers web site that it may be salt collecting in the soil. Does anyone know about this? Should we repot?

I have 2 avacado plants, and 1 all the leaves turned brown, curled and fell off. i put them both in the sink and doused them with soapy water. i think some kind of bug got to them because i could see stripes missing from some of the leaves. they are both coming back around now, but still somewhat droopy. any info you get, i'd like too!! good luck.
ANYBODY OUT THERE?????
gigicap

Like (0 likes)
Wouldn't it be easier if we all just grew plants that liked our climates? There's a lot of fruit trees that love zone 7, where you live, that I wish I could grow, but it would be way too much work to get them to live in zone 10. And even if they lived they wouldn't do much. Pears, cherries, most apples,etc. Or ornamentals: hyacinths, tulips, forcythia, etc, etc. So here we grow avocadoes, figs, guavas, citrus, and sparaxis, oleander, and so on. Why not plant one of the marvelous stone fruits outside (that we can't grow) and not try to nurture your avocado?

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image