Forums
Search

Son's room painted to look like log cabin.

Hey yall. Lisaann thought I should share these so here you go. It's very simple. The fireplace is faux.I can get all the scrap cypress I want. I had husband build me a sorta square and put a sorta front to the top. I put an old mirror behind it. Added real firewood. Used candles for fire feel.(precautions taken) The shelf just appears to be held by rope.( cypress scrap also) It has hidden brackets. All fishing signs are just copied from computer and put in old broken frames.I did this for less then 20 bucks. Everything.I was done in like....12 hours I think. Didn't take 24. My son loves it. In fact it's pretty much a hit with everyone.
Alright!!!! Going to read AGAIN how to post pics. I am for some reason only able to post one at a time.
Yea... Did what I thought was right on tiny pics.Tried really hard here. I just ain't smart enough to figure it out. So, I guess if anyone is interested I'd be glad to give you my web address. Sorry.

Very creative. I like it.

I just upload my photos to Photobucket and then when you hover your mouse over the photo you want, a drop down box will appear. Just "cut" the "img" code and "paste" into your posting. The picture will appear after you click "post"

Zone 7b  Southeastern PA

Like (0 likes)
quote:
I am for some reason only able to post one at a time.
Yea... Did what I thought was right on tiny pics.Tried really hard here.

First off, you can only attach one photo to a message; adding several photos requires that you use Photobucket or some other online storage site (I'm hoping you have read the "How to..." info?). I certainly have tried to explain what is clearly a confusing topic to some. It does take a bit of computer savvy.

I can't imagine where you got the notion to use any "tiny pics" method, especially since the more frequent problem is when people try to post giant photos straight out of the camera! The software makes this "work" because it artificially squeezes a bigger photo into a smaller space. The file size, however, is still often way too big!

I hope you will give it another try because the whole idea is to make it easy (stop laughing!) to share pictures of your work.

Steve

-- Steve

Like (0 likes)
Thanks brownrexx!
Hey Bp, thanks for jumping in. Yes, I did read the how to but somehow must of missed it. I am not computer savy. At all. I deleted the memory off my last computer cause I thought it was a program I wasn't using...Yea. I don't know where I got the idea to use tiny either. I thought I read it in the how to. Anyways, I'll try and sit down this evening and give it another go. Again,I appreciate the help.

Like (0 likes)
Woo Hoo! Splash, show them the walls too!

This gal is an artist and my goodness, when I saw her stuff, I said you just have to put it on OG.

Gonna try and help her share some bigger pics.

MARYLAND zone 6
Like (0 likes)
Ok. I'm over it.If I don't stop now....

Like (0 likes)
You crafty folk amaze me.

Coastal Southern CA, USDA 10, Sunset 22

"Nothing is as optimistic as a seed catalog." Charles Mann

Like (0 likes)
I struggle with it too ,but sometimes I get it right{not often Big Grin) I look forward to seeing your work, don't give up.
mavis

[hr]I've discovered that duct tape is like the FORCE, it has a light side a dark side and it holds the universe together.
Like (0 likes)
Brilliant work. Would like to see more. Well, can i see the pics in actual sizes? Thanks

Like (0 likes)
Very Unique Idea.

Like (0 likes)
Thanks. I'd be more than glad to share but I just don't know how to put pics on here. I am in the thick of things right now and truely can not think straight but just as soon as I slow down I'll try to post pics again. I'll have a lull between holidays. About Dec.15-jan 15 when I begin Valentines.I have my kids drawing Valentines pics right now. 11 at night in december. I enjoyed Christmas at Thanksgiving. Eh well. The room was something anyone can do. I'm not just saying it. I'd be more than glad to wa;lk anyone interested through it.

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image