Forums
Search

Worm casting tea spritzer

I have my seedlings under a grow light and want to mist them with worm tea. How often should I mist them? Daily, Weekly? Thanks.

That depends on what those seedlings need. Until seedlings have their first true leaves they should not need any "fertilizer" and after that they may need some, but not too much. Daily would be much too often. Weekly might be needed, depending on the growing media.

The sign of a good gardener is not a green thumb, it is brown knees.

West central Michigan along the lakeshore.

Like (0 likes)
Thanks for the advice. I guess I need to wait a bit on misting my seedlings then.

Like (0 likes)
Misting tiny seedlings with worm tea - or any other emulsion - is, as Kimm1 said, far more than they need. Not only that, but you'll be introducing bacteria that such tiny plants most likely aren't ready to tolerate. They easily could just scrunch up & die. Better to wait until they have their first true leaves, & then bottom-water them with your solution.

Frankly, foliar feeding is best used with mature plants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My body is a temple - unfortunately, it's a fixer-upper."

"And no, I'm NOT being snarky."

Zone 7a, Culpeper, Virginia

Like (0 likes)
Thanks for the info on worm tea. I'll wait until they are grown to use worm tea. I've misted my seedlings in the past with weak camomile tea because I read that prevented damping off. I had good luck with it but realized I was out of camomile this time around and since it will be a couple of weeks before I can get any I was hoping worm tea would help. But I'll just keep my fingers crossed until I can get some camomile.

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image