Forums
Search

Crepe Myrtle spacing

My wife and are gonna plant a few crepe myrtles on a property line. Can somebody give me an idea of how close together they can be planted?

Thanks.

They grow naturally around here in cluster clumps. I have seen as many as 10 or 15 in an clump. THey will grow about any distance apart you plant them. The farther apart you space them however, the bigger and prettier they will grow. 12 to 15 feet is about normal, 4 to 5 paces apart. 6 feet apart will produce a shrub line on the property, they will stay small for a long time and be thicker. It depends on what you want. I remember my grandmother had them along the front of her property, she had 3, spaced about 12 feet apart. I would climb on them and hang out in the branches. They were planted under the shade of the sycamores. They were probably about 12 to 15 ft tall.

Am I in my cabin dreaming? Or are you really scheming, to take my ship away from me? You better think about it. I just cant live without it. So please dont take my ship from me!!!
Like (0 likes)
Perfect! Thanks so much.

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image