Forums
Search

homemade seed envelopes

Does anyone know a good, functional, simple way of making seed envelopes for my own use/storage at home?

Thanks!

"... one is nearer God's heart in a garden than any place else on earth."
Here's a link with some nice seed envelopes.
http://www.grandmageorge.com/seedpks/seedpk/seedpk.html

Like (0 likes)
I thought the seed packets were quite sweet.

John, did you check out the "God Bless America" graphics. Are they on your web site yet ?

Like (0 likes)
i make seed pakets from magazine subscription cards. just fold and staple- simple cheap and reusing something normally tossed away.

Like (0 likes)
I had a bunch of regular envelopes that sealed shut from moisture in the air. I just cut them in half and wrote the name of the seeds on them, put seeds in and stapled shut, you could also use tape. If you have large seeds or alot of them just cut one end off, works great. If I ever run out I'll just buy more and continue with my system sealing the envelope the old fashioned way- slurp. They are great for filing away because the are all the same size.

Like (0 likes)
Find a seed packet you don't mind "deconstructing" and make a cardboard template(tracing) of the seed packet, trace around the cardboard on to brown paper for really cheap seed packets or take to a copier after filling a page full, these can be personalized, with labels,artwork or instructions for planting, i like to rubberstamp mine, score, fold and use stick glue to seal , this can be obssesive and fun!

Like (0 likes)
I bought a big box of 500 heavy manilla 'button envelopes' (like shirt factories use to give you an extra button) very cheaply & decorate them with rubber stamps to use for seed trading. Check Staples online; I think they have them. A box of 500 lasts quite awhile.

'digging fool'
Like (0 likes)
Along these same lines, my LH sold his business about 6 months after I had 1,000 small envelopes printed for him. :O I just use these, and there is plenty of room to write any info I want to remember or pass on.

BG

Like (0 likes)
For instructions on how to make seed envelopes without glue or tape; go to http://home.no.net/arsenic/envelope.html

They are easy to makeSmiler

Like (0 likes)
I use regular small mailing envelopes when I use them at all. You can cut them in half and tape the open end. Plastic baggies work better. You can buy tiny baggies online really cheap. I got a ton of them off ebay once. I haven't even begun to use them all yet. I paid like $5. Saves time and energy and money in the end to just buy them like that. They also sell those half size baggies at Walmart called "snack bags" or something. Those work great too. Might be a little big, but they are big enough to actually put notes into the bag with the seeds. Try those!

Like (0 likes)

Like (0 likes)
here is the website I use very nice templatesfor sedd envelopes. http://www.blossomswap.com/envelopes.html

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image