Forums
Search

UN's Agenda 21

I've heard that this is a bad thing, sugar coated in nice language that sounds like it is all about "sustainable development" and "environmental protection". Has anyone here heard of this, and what do you think the real life issues are, and is this a potential threat to personal property like farmland, and rural acreage, like I'd imagine is the Organic Gardener's place of choice.

Does anyone have any anecdotal evidence of the effects of this in their lives?

I'm interested to hear more before I fall for the conspiracy theory take on it!

------------------------------ A 'struggling' Florida gardener
I am not sure that I understand it. It sounds like a good thing doesn't it?

http://www.iisd.org/sd/

Or is there more to it than what this article says?

Have a great gardening day! hoe, hoe, hoe Pea

Upstate NY, zone 5

Like (0 likes)
I just noticed this thread and thought I'd weigh in on it.

I'm sort of a political junkie and as such I've read and studied this issue for quite some time.
And I'm convinced, that like everything else the U.N. is associated with, Agenda 21 is nothing less than a vehicle for eliminating national sovereignty and subjugating the nations of the earth to global government.

Those who simply read or quickly scan Agenda 21 see it as a harmless, non-controversial document which they read as voluntary suggestions for preserving natural resources and protecting the environment.
The argument in its favor seems to be this: that man is fouling the environment and using up resources for future generations and we just need a sensible plan to preserve and protect the earth.
What is so bad about that? What is there to be afraid of?

Maybe if they studied the words of some of the major leaders in the movement as to the true purpose of the policies they might not be so sanguine regarding the agenda.

Just a few examples:

"No matter if the science of global warming is all phony…climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world." — Christine Stewart (former Canadian Minister of the Environment)

"The concept of national sovereignty has been immutable, indeed a sacred principle of international relations. It is a principle which will yield only slowly and reluctantly to the new imperatives of global environmental cooperation." — Report from the UN Commission on Global Governance.

"Regionalism must precede globalism. We foresee a seamless system of governance from local communities, individual states, regional unions and up through to the United Nations itself." — Report from the UN Commission on Global Governance.

These quotes (and hundreds more like them) either reveal the true thoughts of the promoters of these policies, which is pretty likely, or they were all just joking around, which is pretty unlikely.

For the past three decades through the United Nations infrastructure, there have been a series of meetings, each producing another document or lynchpin to lay the groundwork for a centralized global economy, judicial system, military, and communications system; all of which ultimately leads to what can only be described as a global government.
I firmly believe that Agenda 21 represents the culmination of all of those efforts, representing the step by step blueprint for the full imposition of those goals.

If someone wishes to call me a conspiracy theorist, fine.
But rhetoric doesn't nullify the facts, and the facts indicate these people have a goal and the goal is nothing less than global government.

There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......................right next to the mashed potatoes.

The high Utah Desert---Zone 3 to 5

(it's a crap shoot every year)

Like (0 likes)
I cannot put my finger on why-but I feel suspicious about the language and the idea.

Like (0 likes)
Thanks for the run down on your own research weedkicker. I was leaning that way myself. I just don't trust the UN. I'm also following some of their other treaties that they are trying to push through, the CRC (Convention on the rights of the child) - which will basically take rights away from parents and deem government beaurocrats better at deciding what the 'best interests' of your children are. (we homeschool, so this is a big issue for us)...
They are also trying to pass a similar one called the CRPD (to do with persons with disabilities)...
Also their global gun ban.

They always make it 'sound' like a good idea, but in the end is just a take over of control.

Like (0 likes)
The CRPD is just lovely, isn't it?
I'd love to hear their explanation as to why disabled children must be "registered" at birth?

And don't get me started on the gun ban. Mad

There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......................right next to the mashed potatoes.

The high Utah Desert---Zone 3 to 5

(it's a crap shoot every year)

Like (0 likes)
It's very sad and scary, but I think the one world government is not a conspiracy theory anymore.

It's the UN.

And they are very busy right now....we have to keep our eyes open.

Like (0 likes)
Well just call me a conspiracy theorists nutcase also. Recalling the warm reception some of my posts had circa 2004 to 2006 though I'll stop there.

mississippi gulf coast zone 8
Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image