Forums
Search

shortening soaker hoses

After reading posts about the advantages of soaker hoses in raised beds, I plan to try some this season. My question is: all teh hoses I see in kstores are way too long for my beds. I think that for 4ft wide raised box beds I will need to double back the hose once so that there are two passes equally spaced. A fifty foot hose is about 20 feet two long. I know we can cut the excess off and seal the end but can we use the 20 ft end piece by attaching a hose coupling somehow? Is there any trick to attaching brass to the hose material? My husband does it all the time to regular hose but the soaker material is porous. Also, how do you estimate how much water has actually been applied at any one time?

pepper, I've shortened my soaker hoses by using the plastic attachment peices. You can get the male, female, coupling and end peices. They are easy to use, all you need is a knife and a screw driver.

Making a splash on the Kings River in Northwest Arkansas. Zone 6a
Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image