Forums
Search

Freezing zucchini bread

After I made my bread today I thought about getting some of those cute little pans to make small individual loaves. How would I freeze it? And when I want some, how would I thaw it out? And how long would it last in the freezer? I froze some bags of shredded zucchini but I thought if I'm on a roll I might as well bake them all together now too!

Ericah, Last year I baked over 20 loaves of chocolate zucchini bread and froze them. DH ate the last one sometime in April and it was still as good as the first one was. I just bake them as normal and when cooled off, wrap in aluminum foil and toss in the freezer. They thaw out fairly fast just laying on the counter, usually within an hour... DH did eat some of them right from the freezer, he just couldn't wait for them to thaw!

Plant seeds in the sunshine, dance in the rain
Like (0 likes)
I bake tons of zucchini bread too and we eat it all winter. I just wrap mine in plastic wrap. it works great. I thaw slices in the microwave when I can't wait or just leave it on the counter when I can.

Like (0 likes)
My zucchini bread dries out some when I wrap in aluminim foil. I use clearwrap. Zucchini is a very moist bread so there isn't too much change but banana bread does and cranberry bread too. So I have gotten into the habit of using the clearwrap for everything. Smiler

Have a great gardening day! hoe, hoe, hoe Pea

Upstate NY, zone 5

Like (0 likes)
Would a bread that's banana, zucchini and cranberry be weird or healthy and good?
I like the idea of popping alot of good stuff into the batter.

Like (0 likes)
WOW!! Eeker What a combination!! I vote weird and healthy...but good...I will leave that to the judges...prizes are won for trying out new recipes Wink

Upstate NY, zone 5

Like (0 likes)
Thanks guys! I knew you would help me out! Smiler

Like (0 likes)
Lil, yeah, maybe...I just like the idea of healthy cake, I guess !
BTW, has anyone ever made fruitcake? I have often thought that if a store fruitcake would just leave out the gross chewy fruits, I'd be very happy.
Of course, it'd hafta have a new name. Roll Eyes

Like (0 likes)
I have a recipe for a fruit bread that is lighter than regular fruit cake and has a very special ingredient, but it's a secret. Wink

Upstate NY, zone 5

Like (0 likes)
Gee, thanks....
Hmmm....how much is the secret gonna cost? Big Grin

Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by DeborahL:
Would a bread that's banana, zucchini and cranberry be weird or healthy and good?
I like the idea of popping alot of good stuff into the batter.

I always add cranberries to the chocolate zucchini bread, it's great and miss them when I forget cranberries. Never thought of adding bananas, I'm going to give that a try, thanks for the idea!

Plant seeds in the sunshine, dance in the rain
Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image