Forums
Search

Homemade Roosting Pockets

Last year I purchased mail order several roosting pockets made in England. They are very nice - basket type containers esp. designed for birds to nest and roost in. However, they aren't cheap - about $30.00 for three of them, and that was on sale I think. They are really attractive though, and I think a wonderful addition for my bird friends.

I was wondering if there might be a way to make these pockets without having to do some elaborate basketry work, and without having to spend a great deal of time!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sorry, no suggestions, but I'm interested in any replies because I've thought the same thing. They don't look too hard to make but I'm not very creative.

Like (0 likes)
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/accout/msg090904417390.html

Hi Kaytee

Well, I found another forum where someone had asked the same question (see link above, hope you can access).

If I find better suggestions or complete instructions, I'll pass them on to you. I put my roosting pockets up about 2-3 months ago. So far they don't look inhabitated but I'll bet in the spring some birds will use them as nests.

By for now.

Katie B

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image