Forums
Search

squirrels in my roses

how do i keep squirrels from eating my roses,without harming the squirrels?

Are they eating the blossoms, or the leaves?
If this was my trouble, I would offer them an easier food source. Some others here would say a .22 caliber works wonders, though!

Like (0 likes)
I like your thinking Loamy. I had a rabbit after my carrots the other day and I was thinking about starting the hunting season early. Instead I used one of the repellents and the carrots have recovered nicely. Smiler

Like (0 likes)
Now now such vilence the poor critters ar only, never mind. If the little sons of a guns come back to my bulb garden they are going to get a repeat of what they got two years ago, that was a healthy snout full of crushed red and black pepper, except for the time that one grabbed a tomatoe that had red hot sauce on it I have never seen a squerll run so fast not only did that one not come back but no other one has either and I live against a state forest so I have plenty of the buggers around.
This also keeps dogs, cats and other creatures of Gods out from where I do not want them to be.

good luck and happy gardening
mel

Like (0 likes)
One year in Illinois, the rabbits were eating my strawberries. I ranted & raved & made all sorts of racket over it. That week as I was walking to church, I saw a poor crippled bunny (his leg was all crooked).
I was talking with God so I asked Him to please take care of that poor rabbit. That day I promised I wouldn't make any more fuss about the rabbits eating my berries & the squirrels sharing my tomatoes. When I stopped fretting about it, I found that there was still plenty of produce for my family & to share with friends.

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image