Forums
Search

Source for sulfured molasses

Years ago I found an article in Organic Gardening to use sulfured molasses/water mixture to prevent root maggots and nematodes. It worked great, but now that I'm gardening again, I can't find sulfured molasses in any stores or online. Anybody know of a source?

You can mix the sulphur into the molasses. I'm not sure what the proportions of a preventative would be but my Grandma mixed a teaspoonful of sulphur with a tablespoonful of molasses and fed it to us as a spring tonic. I use a tablespoonful of sorghum (similar to molasses) to a gallon of water to give my seedlings and house plants a boost of minerals once a week.

Like (0 likes)
I'm very curious to know what the sulpher does for us in the spring. i know this is the wrong place to post this but I had a friend who was fed sulpher and mollasses every spring too. this was in Ireland and over 40 years ago. Just curious. Sorry if I've hijacked your post acostadatcha,didn't mean to.
Mavis

[hr]I've discovered that duct tape is like the FORCE, it has a light side a dark side and it holds the universe together.
Like (0 likes)
I won't hijack this thread but will begin a new one in Club OG about my Grandmother's Spring tonics.

Like (0 likes)
My local health food store has sulfured molasses.

MD Eastern Shore, Zone 7
Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by 4nematode:
My local health food store has sulfured molasses.
Would you be able to get the brand and/or the supplier's name for me? I have not been able to find it at my health food store and they are not able to get any from their suppliers. Thank you very much!!!! I have garden spring planted and can almost hear the laughing of the pesty fly circling around above.

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image