Forums
Search

Help out a young homeowner? (heirloom seeds)

Hey everyone,

I was hoping that some experienced members would help me out? I just got moved into my first home, and wanted to get a garden off. Is there someone who would be willing to send me some heirloom seeds? I'm not picky about what. I'd like to grow some sort of tomatoes, peppers, carrots, melons, corn, greens, etc.

If someone is willing to share, I'll send SASE to make it easy.

Thank you so much!!

What state, zone, climate type are you in. Some varieties take too long to grow in the North, while others can't take Southern heat. Once I know, I'll try to put something together for you.

Abigail, all 9 kids grown and 16 little gardeners: what a harvest!

Zone 7a, Far Rockaway, New York

Like (0 likes)
danieljlay, Welcome to the forum.
GardenDmpls brings up a good point. We need to know your climate type if we are to send you some varieties that will work for you. One way to do that is to edit your profile and put your location in your siggy line. You will notice that many of the posters have done this? I am going to send you a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gardening at 5000 ft. elevation in Northern Utah  Zone 5

Have a great gardening day!

http://donce.lofthouse.com/jam...lanting/planting.htm

Like (0 likes)
There are also several websites that sell heirloom seeds for cheaper than I thought they'd sell for, at first. I like Baker Creek. They're local for me, and they explain what regions what types of seeds grow in. www.rareseeds.com if you're interested.

____________________________________________________________________ This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says to all the captives he has exiled to Babylon from Jerusalem: “Build homes, and plan to stay. Plant gardens, and eat the food they produce. Marry and have children. Then find spouses for them so that you may have many grandchildren. Multiply! Do not dwindle away!
Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image