Forums
Search

Source for Promix potting soil?

I've heard a few people mention Promix potting soil on here from time to time. Can anyone tell me where I can find it? I've looked at the big box stores, local nurseries and small hardware stores and have yet to find it. Also, if anyone can tell me who manufactures it so if I'm able to talk anyone around here into maybe carrying it, they might have better luck locating it if they know who manufactures it. Thanks for any help anyone can offer! Smiler

Sorry, this is OT. But I'm thinking the middle of the mitten is Michigan. Am I right?

Connie maltese-crossathotmaildotcom
Like (0 likes)
BG, try a Google search. You'll find several sources online.

- - - - - - - - - - - - Elizabeth www.WordCures.com
Like (0 likes)
I think Pro-Mix, manufacturered by Premier Horticulture, is one of the best line of mixes on the market. There is a type for every need. I've used the Pro-Mix container soiless mixture for years when potting up seedlings from plug trays into larger cells or pots.

I've been fortunate to have purchased it at either two nurseries nearby or within the past 3 or 4 years, Home Depot has carried 3.8cuft bales of it.

Go to Premier's website and click on "Retailer Locator".

BTW: Even if you can't find it listed as retail-sold, go to some of your nearest nurseries and ask them what they use to do their seeding and containers. Many times, because I've made the acquaintance of nearby nursery owners, they've either sold me a bag of something I needed directly, or actually added on an additional bag to their usual orders they place w/the wholesaler and let me know when it came in for me to purchase it. Most recently, this happened last year when I couldn't find a 4cuft bale of vermiculite anywhere and mentioned it to one of the nursery owners as I was checking out w/some perennials. Not only did she go in the back and haul out a 4cuft bale of their own stock and sell it to me, but told me if I needed anything else for next year's growing season just to let them know early enough.

Worth a shot if all else fails. Good luck.Smiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [i]"To Live Is Not Just To Survive, But To Thrive With Passion, Compassion, Humor & Style."[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Blogs: [URL=http://www.lindafrank.blogspot.com] GardenzOwn [/URL] [URL=http://www.OurGardenEarth.blogspot.com]OurGardenEarth[/URL]
Like (0 likes)
Connie,
Yup, you're right! Smiler

Thanks Liz and Gardenz. I hope I have good luck finding it locally. I can't imagine shipping charges on 40 lb. bags!! Eeker

Like (0 likes)
The best seed and potting mix I have used has come from Gardeners Supply,Burlington,VT.
I can get ProMix at a Garden center...20 mile drive though

"Maybe one of the secrets of survival is to learn where to dance." Stanley Kunitz
Like (0 likes)
Well, phooey. The closest distributor is over two hours away! No wonder I wasn't having any luck finding it locally. Frowner Guess I'm back to making my own potting mix whether I want to or not. I guess that isn't all bad...gives me a chance to play in the dirt before spring arrives. Ummm....I guess technically it gives me a chance to play in the vermiculite. But desperate gardeners with a foot of snow on the ground don't really care if it's REAL dirt or not!!! Smiler Thanks anyway for the help everyone!

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image