Forums
Search

soft white wheat...

I have about #50 of softwhite wheat and can't find a recipe that specificly calls for it.
I tried the search here and no luck.
was hopping someone could come to my recue.
I here you can't use it for bread but can for quick bread and stuff.

thanks

CD

is it kind of grainy like corn meal, ???? i wonder if its something like farina or cream of wheat

Never enough time to do things right but theres allways time to do it over... If it aint broke dont fix it !!! We dont plan to fail, instead, we fail to plan. You can either wait in the sittin room, or sit in the waitin room. There is no blood in my viens, its, its, its, its chlorophyl. My thumb aint allways green !!!!!!!!!!!!!. My thumb, my thumb, its turning green. bourbon_jim123 at yahoo dot com
Like (0 likes)
Have you ever done wheat sprouts? I had some hard white wheat and it made good sprouts and wheat berries. Use wheat sprouts as you would any sprout.

For wheat berries, put one cup of wheat in a quart thermos, pour in 2.5 cups of boiling water, put the lid on, just don't turn it real tight. Let sit overnight then shake the thermos good and pour the wheat out. These can be used sprinkled on cereal or used as cereal, or put in hamburger dishes.

I also made bread with some of the hard white wheat. I did put 2/3 cup of vital wheat gluten in the mix. The bread was just fine.

I have never used soft white wheat, prefering hard red wheat, but I would give it a try for pancakes, biscuits and things like that.

It may even make yeast bread. Use some vital wheat gluten in the mix and I think it will work. The white wheat doesn't have quite as much gluten in it as red wheat, and by adding the vital wheat gluten I think you can make bread. Its worth a try.

Do you have a mill to make flour?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gardening at 5000 ft. elevation in Northern Utah  Zone 5

Have a great gardening day!

http://donce.lofthouse.com/jam...lanting/planting.htm

Like (0 likes)
Check out this hot link.

CLICK HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gardening at 5000 ft. elevation in Northern Utah  Zone 5

Have a great gardening day!

http://donce.lofthouse.com/jam...lanting/planting.htm

Like (0 likes)
Soft white wheat is generally used for things like cake flour, but I'm sure it would make perfectly acceptable bread if ground into a whole wheat type flour.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Bloom where you are planted.

Zone 4 Central South Dakota

Like (0 likes)
i recon you could make liqure out of it, add yeast and water and sugar, let it ferment, the place in freezer and the water will freeze, then if you turn the jug upside down, the unfrozen alcahol should drip out, is how they make hard cider

Never enough time to do things right but theres allways time to do it over... If it aint broke dont fix it !!! We dont plan to fail, instead, we fail to plan. You can either wait in the sittin room, or sit in the waitin room. There is no blood in my viens, its, its, its, its chlorophyl. My thumb aint allways green !!!!!!!!!!!!!. My thumb, my thumb, its turning green. bourbon_jim123 at yahoo dot com
Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image