Forums
Search

Searching for Cow Tit paste tomato seeds

I have been searching the web for Cow's Tit(Teat) tomato seeds so I can grow next spring. Want to compare flavors and production of Gilbertie, a Roma and Cow's Tit. So far I have found no place that have seeds in stock or anybody who might have seeds. Any help would be appreciated on locating these seeds.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Tried Trudi Davidoff at Wintersown.org?

[hr]Beyond the mountains, there are more mountains.
Like (0 likes)
Thanks very much Tom C. I'm going to do that this am.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Finally. Got seeds from naturescrossroads.com Looking forward to spring..get these started for comparison to other paste tomatoes. Thanks everyone for the leads/tips.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
The Molly Perkins tomato is almost the same...may have been at one time. Very few seeds...some almost none.

[hr]Long term organic gardener and pastured livestock producer. Healthy soil, healthy food!
Like (0 likes)
Thanks Victor. Working on the compost for my earthtainers now so should be ready by planting time. Looking forward to these jewels.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Yes, they are really good...great for canning and especially for homemade ketchup...which we've not made in a long time.

[hr]Long term organic gardener and pastured livestock producer. Healthy soil, healthy food!
Like (0 likes)
Really looking forward to growing this jewel. I am also going to grow an Amish Paste and a Gilbertie. I want to compare these 3 with the Roma. I will also be growing Mtn. Magic to compare with Campari. Definitely hope to have an interesting season of fresh surprises.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Amish Paste is a large paste. Really, those tomatoes are big, not to mention the plants! Gilbertie was very good for me, and I found them both quite superior to Roma.
You may be in for a pleasant surprise.

USA-Zone 5b

Like (0 likes)
Thanks for the insight on the tomatoes Octave. I am definitely looking forward to the first harvest.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Boy..Amish paste is definitely a bush..more like a tree. And the Cows Tit is no slough. Both covered in tomatoes. Going to have to start over on the Gilbertie planted the seeds and seedling and plants came in with what looked like black spot. Tossed those seeds and plants and currently waiting for a new pkt. from differrent supplier.
Amazed at these two paste.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Keep us posted on the comparisons!

I'm getting amish paste in a recent trade, so that'll wait till 2013.

I'll see if I can have the san marzano and amish paste sauce off!

But I always lose the tomatoes tags, lol! At least with the squashes, I can figure out which is which so far!

Like (0 likes)
I've read good things about the san marzano but have never tried it. A good one to try in '13. Really looking forward to the cow and amish as I have read and talked to others that have grown these two and they raved about them...we'll see shortly.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
I've grown the san marzanos for a three years now and went to the amish paste this year 'cause I've heard how tasty they are- supposedly more so than the san marz's, which are tasty but smallish.

Zone 5/6  Northern New Mexico

Like (0 likes)
There's going to be a cook off as soon as my gilbertie,amish and cows tit are ready. Should be interesting as I have heard good things about all three.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
Finally got to make the amish tomato sauce, 2 pts., a really had a very nice flavor. Gave the other pt.to my son and he really liked it.
Got 4 Cows Tit ready and will make that sauce mid next week. Gilbertie is going to be awhile I think...still looking healthy...we'll see down the road.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)
I think that the Amish paste have a slightly better flavor than Cows Tit for sauces etc. I liked the Cows Tit better for roasting. One really can't go wrong with either. Gilbertie is just getting first blooms so will be a bit for that one...plant looks bushy and stout like CT and AP. Hope it continues to remain healthy
If the heat wave has finally passed then I hope all will reach normal size again...AP probably don't reach a good 6 oz. right now...of course still fighting EB and the heat doesn't help with that either.

Zone 7b Northeast Ga.

Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image