Forums
Search

NEWBIE QUESTION RE: LIME AND NEMATODES

GIGI HERE,
GOT SOME QUESTIONS!!
MY YARD(GRASS) LOOKS PRETTY BAD, SPLOTCHY, MISSING PATCHES OF GRASS, HOLEY, AND LOTS OF DEAD GRASS. I BOUGHT SOME NEMATODES AND SPRAYED THEM ON MY LAWN BECAUSE I FOUND SEVERAL GRUBS IN MY VEGGIE GARDEN. THE NEXT DAY THE TEMP DROPPED AND IT SNOWED. DAY AFTER WAS WARM AGAIN. WILL I HAVE TO RESPRAY WITH NEMATODES? AND 2ND QUESTION IS I BOUGHT PELLETED LIME TO PUT ON THE LAWN. IS THIS GOOD OR WILL IT HURT?? WHAT EXACTLY DOES IT DO FOR THE LAWN/GRASS?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

ACKKKKK! DON"T SHOUT its too early in the AM for that.

Take some photos and samples of your lawn to your local county extension/master gardener office.

Benefical nematodes should only be applied after the soil warms up enough to plant tomatoes.

As far as the lime, unless your soil is on the acid side you don't need it.

Like (0 likes)
Oh, I'm so sorry, David. I didn't mean to shout. Is this better? What do you suggest other than pics to coop ext? They are alittle too chem oriented for me.
thanks(and thanks for the giggle, too)
gigi

Like (0 likes)
Use them as a source for information, they are comming around to the light side of gardening. ;-) WSU extension is conducting a Organic expermintal garden. B-)

Like (0 likes)
glad to hear they're coming 'round. i can't even [n]find[/b] a country extension agent in los angeles. anybody know how find them when they're hiding?

Planning to be a Cancer survivor!!! No trees were killed or animals harmed in the sending of this message; however a great many electrons were horribly inconvenienced.
Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image