Forums
Search

clear sap on squash/cucumbers

Is this from a squash bug or what? Also, please advise on what to do. Thank you!!

www.upstatesc.locallygrown.net
I suspect aphids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Everything that blooms and grows, the garden angel scatters and sows...in the land of corn and pigs...Iowa Zone 4-5

Like (0 likes)
Where is this? On the fruit? On the leaves? On the plants stems?

The sign of a good gardener is not a green thumb, it is brown knees.

West central Michigan along the lakeshore.

Like (0 likes)
I was just thinking, this morning as I picked an armload of cukes, how the spikes on cucumbers looked so very much like little hardened blobs of sap.

Without a better description of what you are seeing, RealTea, is is pretty hard to give much of an answer or propose a response.

If, as Mumsey suggests, it's aphids, give the plants a good squirt with the hose to wash them off. Aphids generally have a hard time getting back to the plant once they have been knocked off. Hang in there, the Lady Bug cavalry should arrive soon.

[i]Mulch where you can Till if you have to Weed when you must It's all part of the plan[/i].
Like (0 likes)
Aphids sometimes leave behind honeydew for the ants.

Like (0 likes)
The honeydew from aphids is like a sticky film all over the leaves, fruit, everything, depending how bad the infestation is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Everything that blooms and grows, the garden angel scatters and sows...in the land of corn and pigs...Iowa Zone 4-5

Like (0 likes)
I think I figured it out...was reading further on the bacterial infection for squashes and it makes the plant secrete it it says. Which makes sense since I didn't see aphids or insects. Thank you all for your help!

www.upstatesc.locallygrown.net
Like (0 likes)

OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image
OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image OGFooter image